Welcome Statement from Anna O. Chifungula (Auditor General of Zambia)
This Office provides Parliament with independent information, guidance and assurance to help hold the government to account for the public funds it has been entrusted with. It also informs Parliament on public sector performance thereby contributing to facilitating a better performing public sector.
As Auditor General, am hereby an 'ally of the People and Parliament'. My job entails acting independently in carrying out all my powers and duties without fear or favour and discharge such responsibilities in a manner that does not wear down that independence.
My office is responsible of carrying out a number of audits among them financial audits of the government's financial statements (public accounts), perform special examinations and annual financial audits of public Corporations, special reports and performance audits.
As you scroll through our site it is my hope that the information on this site will assist you in understanding the role of the Office and to give you access to the Reports that have been tabled in Parliament.
Supreme Audit Institution
- Office of Auditor General (Norway)
- National Audit Office of China
- Auditor General of South Africa
- Angola Tribunal de Contas
- Accounts Chamber of Russia
- Office of the Auditor General - Botswana
- Accounts Chamber of Ukraine
- Tonga Auditor General
- National Audit Office - Tanzania
- National Audit Office - Nambia
- National Audit Office - UK