Mission, Vision and Values
A dynamic audit institution that promotes transparency, accountability and prudent management of public resources.
To independently and objectively provide quality auditing services in order to
assure our stakeholders that public resources are being used for national
development and well being of citizens.
The operations of the Office are underpinned by eight core values. All staff are required to uphold the values during the conduct of their duties. These values are:
1. Integrity: Putting the obligations of Office of the Auditor General (OAG) above one’s personal interests, and conducting oneself in a manner that is beyond reproach;
2. Professionalism: Exhibiting competence, skills, good judgement, conduct and behaviour.
3. Objectivity: the state or quality of being true even outside a subject‘s individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings.
4. Team-work: Willing to cooperate and effectively contribute and participate as part of the team.
5. Confidentiality: Being trustworthy by not revealing or disclosing privileged information to unauthorised persons.
6. Excellence: Commitment to being the best and/or delivering the best service.
7. Innovation: Introducing new ideas and methods of delivering our services.
8. Respect: Considerate to one another, recognising each other’s differences and understanding the stakeholder’s needs and expectations.